Thursday, July 8, 2010

Why I created this blog

I’m Jamie, and I’m a skinny black chick and proud of it!
However, I wasn’t always happy about being skinny…I’ve been thin my whole life, and I use to always want to be bigger {and, admittedly, I still have my moments}. I wanted to gain weight because it seemed like being thin and black was a bad thing. People would always be like, “Oh my god, you’re soooo skinny!” or “You need to eat!” {Well, some people still do, but, I digress.}

As you can imagine, that gets old after a while, so I wanted to be thicker, curvier, you know, like the “other” black girls. Don’t get me wrong now, I didn’t hate myself, nor did I have an issue with males pursuing me…I guess I just wanted to look like “they” looked and to feel like I fit in. I figured I’d gain weight in college, you know, the freshmen 15. Well, that didn’t happen exactly. I mean, yeah, I gained weight, about 10 pounds actually. It just took me all four years to actually gain anything. Anyhoo, long story short, I just started embracing who I was and loving myself and my skinny-ness. Even though people try to make me feel like I shouldn’t.

I know I’m not the only skinny black girl tired of Mo’Nique talking about “skinny b***es,” people asking if we eat {What?! Most of the skinny girls I know can eat- just ask anyone I know about me} or telling me that “only a dog wants a bone; men want a ‘real’ woman.” {Yeah, you can ask my fiance what he likes}.

Anyway, I made this blog to celebrate the skinny black chicks. That’s not to say I don’t celebrate all women because I do {see my blog, for colored gurls}…

So, here, I’ll talk about my thoughts and experiences, post pics of other skinny and fabulous black chicks and just celebrate this aspect of black beauty.

Enjoy!

P.S.- If you’re a skinny black chick, send me a pic of you to post to jamienfleming@gmai.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment